May 2, 2015 -- Fifth Annual MBT5K Run/Walk
Save $10 by registering now for the 5th Annual Metropolitan Branch Trail 5K Walk/Run, to be held this Saturday, May 2nd at 9:00 a.m. (on race day registration increases to $35). Race proceeds benefit the community with activities along the trail, like free yoga and fitness classes. We could also use a few more volunteers on race day.
WHERE: The start/finish is at the trail entrance at the Rhode Island Avenue Shopping Center (near the Metro Station and 4th Street, NE). Race course is along the off-road portion of the MBT.
PACKET PICK-UP: Friday, May 1, 1200 First Street NE(in the lobby), 5 - 7 p.m. and on race day at the start location, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
WHEN: Race start is 9:00 a.m. Race day registration starts at 7:30 a.m. Warm-ups provided by Chickaro Martin of Project Fitness.
Prizes and giveaways:
- Platinum sponsor NoMa BID is providing race bags and the services of the Clean Sweep team.
- Another Platinum Sponsor, CPDC/Edgewood Commons, is donating free re-usable water bottles for participants.
- Healthy snack bars are being offered by Bronze Sponsor, Yes! Organic Market.
- Bottled water will be provided by Bozzuto/Monroe Street Market, also a Bronze Sponsor.
- Raffle prizes available from Hilton Garden Inn, Washington Area Bicyclist Association, and Back on My Feet.
- 10% brunch discounts offered on race day at Brookland Pint for those who display a race bib.
- Free caricature drawings by artist Rajan Sedalia--for early birds only (7:30 - 8:30 a.m.).
Free registration for runners under 18. Register now at www.gometbranch.com to run, volunteer, or sponsor the event. "Like" us on Facebook for updates and announcements, www.facebook.com/mbt5k