Just a reminder that our Edgewood Block Party is tomorrow! I hope that everyone is able to attend!
Some reminders about the event and please spread the word-
First Annual Edgewood Block Party!!
Date: Saturday, May 30 from 1-6 PM (setup starting at 11 AM, and cleanup from 6 - 7 PM)
Location: 200 Block of Douglas Street NE (in front of the Inspired Teaching/ Shaed School building)
- Please let us know if you can help by bringing folding tables and/or coolers for the afternoon!
- Bring your best dish and show off your cooking (or shopping) skills with your neighbors!
- This is a potluck block party, and in order to ensure we don’t end up with only cookies, the items to contribute are assigned by street. If you coordinate dishes with your neighbors, great!
2nd St. and 3rd St. NE - - fruits/vegetables/salads
Adams St. and Ascot Pl. NE - - hotdogs/ veggie dogs, buns, and condiments
Bryant and Channing Streets NE - side dishes
Cromwell St. NE - - - plates, cups, utensils, and napkins
Douglas, Evarts, and Montana Streets NE - soft drinks/juice and ice
Franklin St., 4thstreet, and 6th Street NE - desserts
Rhode Island Ave., V Street, and Lincoln Road NE chips, dips, and appetizers
DC regulations prohibit alcohol at block parties. If your street isn’t listed, please pick from any of these items. Spread the word with your neighbors!
- The party is a true community event and we need your participation to make it a success.
- We are excited to partner with Inspired Teaching Academy to open up the school’s community space to neighbors during the event. There will be bathrooms available and their PTA will provide school tours at 2:00 p.m for anyone that would like to see the renovated building.
- We will also have some games outside and arts and crafts inside the school- kite making and bookmark designing for all ages.
We look forward to seeing everyone there!