Introduction

All about the Edgewood Neighborhood of Washington, DC

Questions/Comments/Story Ideas - email me at lifeontheedgewood@gmail.com





Thursday, September 15, 2011

McMillan Sand Filtration Site Tour: Saturday, 09/17/2011​, starting at 11:00 am

See this message from ANC 5C04 CommissionerJohn Salatti:

Good morning!,

In our neighborhood, we have one of Washington`s most unique places, the McMillan Sand Filtration Site. This 25-acre site bounded by the unit blocks of Michigan Avenue and Channing Street NW and the 2500 through 2900 blocks of First Street NW and North Capitol Street is a mystery to many people. But it need not stay a mystery. To that end, I am pleased to announce that, by popular request, the Site will be open for tours this Saturday, September 17, 2011.

Tours will start at 11:00 a.m. and anyone is welcome (although I must admit that the site if not accessible for someone with a physical impairment). I have included below the waiver form that anyone attending the tour must fill out. So if you can fill out it, sign it, and e-mail it back to me, that would be great. You can also fill out it and bring it with you Saturday morning. That will save a lot of time.

I really encourage people to come and see McMillan, whether you have just moved here and have wondered what that lonely place is up First Street NW, or whether you have lived here all your life and know exactly what the Site is and was. It is both amazing and beautiful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

John

John T. Salatti
Commissioner, ANC 5C04
Vice President, Bloomingdale Civic Association
(202) 986 - 2592
John.Salatti @ gmail.com
``Together, Building a Better Bloomingdale``

McMILLAN SAND FILTRATION SITE VISIT

WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION I, (print name), hereby affirm that I have carefully read this Waiver, Release, and Indemnification (the ``Release``) in its entirety. By my signature below, I agree to each and every term and condition of this Release.

1. I acknowledge that the District of Columbia (the ``District``) is the owner of the real property with a street address of 2501 First Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20017, commonly known as the ``McMillan Sand Filtration Site``, together with all improvements located thereon (the ``Property``).
2. I represent that I will be visiting the Property at the date and time stated:
DATE: September 17, 2011 TIME: 11:0 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3. I hereby agree to abide by the orders and directions of the representative(s) of the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (ODMPED) while visiting the Property. If I fail to comply with such orders or directions, ODMPED or its representatives may, in its discretion, demand that I leave the Property in which event I agree to do so immediately and without causing a disturbance.
4. I hereby acknowledge that the Property may be, either entirely or in part, in a state of disrepair or otherwise hazardous. I hereby assume all risks and accept full responsibility for any and all damage to myself or others arising from or related to my presence on the Property. I understand and agree that neither I, my heirs, personal representatives, successors, grantees, and assigns, or anyone claiming any interest through me, will bring any legal action whatsoever against the District, its officials, officers, employees, and agents as a result of any damage, injury, loss or death to myself or my property that arises out of my presence on the Property in connection with the tour.
5. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the District, its officials, officers, employees, and agents from all liabilities, obligations, damages, penalties, claims, costs, charges, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), of whatsoever kind and for injury, including personal injury or death of any person or persons, and for loss or damage to any property caused by or occurring in connection with, or in any way arising out of my presence on the Property pursuant to this Release. If any action or proceeding as described in this paragraph is brought against the District, its officials, officers, employees, or agents for which I bear responsibility as expressly provided under this Release, upon written notice from the District, I shall, pay any fees, costs or expenses incurred by the District to resist or defend such action or proceeding.
6. I hereby acknowledge and agree that the assumption of risk, promise not to sue, waiver of liability, and indemnification provided for in this Release includes loss, injury or damage as a result of the negligent acts or omissions by the District, its officials, officers, employees, and agents.
7. I hereby agree that nothing in this Release shall be deemed to waive any rights of any kind that the District now has, or may hereinafter have, to assert any claim against me, including, without limitation, claims with respect to any and all past events or entry on the Property.
8. I hereby agree that if any provision of this Release is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future laws, such provision shall be fully severable and this Release shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part of this Release. The remaining provisions of this Release shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or by its severance from this Release.
9. I hereby agree that this Release shall be construed under the laws of the District of Columbia without reference to conflicts of laws principles;
10. I hereby waive (i) any objection to the venue of any action filed in any court situated in the jurisdiction in which the property is located, (ii) any right, claim, or power, under the doctrine of forum non conveniens or otherwise, to transfer any such action to any other court, and (iii) trial by jury in any action, proceeding, claim, or counterclaim brought in connection with any matter arising out of or in any way connected with this Release.
11. I hereby agree that this Release shall be binding upon my heirs, personal representatives, successors, grantees, and assigns.

Date: __________________________, 20_____
Signature:
Print Name:
Organization:
Phone:
Email:
Address:

DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE: Date: September 17, 2011
Signature:
Print Name: McClinton Jackson III
Address: 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004

No comments:

Post a Comment