Introduction

All about the Edgewood Neighborhood of Washington, DC

Questions/Comments/Story Ideas - email me at lifeontheedgewood@gmail.com





Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ward 5 Community Calendar

Please see this message from fellow Ward 5 resident about a calendar he created to help all of us keep track of the many meetings and events around our ward.

Dear friends and fellow Ward 5ers:


I was having a hard time keeping track of all the community meetings and events in Ward 5, so I thought I would try to help the situation by creating a community calendar:

http://ward5dc.org/

I've got it loaded with all the events I've seen come across the listservs I belong to, but there's a good chance I've missed some things. To submit events to the calendar, just email (or cc on your announcement) to calendar@ward5dc.org. I update it manually, so please forgive any delay in posting.

I'll continue to pull events from listservs as I see them, and I hope to get it set up so people can submit their own events without me having to do it, but for now this is the system I've got. (and I don't expect that people will immediately stop hitting all the ward listservs with event reminders, but hopefully over time that may become less necessary)

Please forward this on to other folks/listservs you know who might be interested. And if you've got suggestions or other thoughts, I'd love to hear them either here on my gmail or at calendar@ward5dc.org.

Thanks!

Nolan Treadway
22nd NE and Lawrence NE
Woodridge

No comments:

Post a Comment