Introduction

All about the Edgewood Neighborhood of Washington, DC

Questions/Comments/Story Ideas - email me at lifeontheedgewood@gmail.com





Friday, March 5, 2010

The Metropolitan Branch Trail (MBT)



I decided to enjoy the sun and check out the progress on the MBT yesterday. For those of you that don't know for many years groups have been working on completing a walking/running/bike path that will be next to the red line from Union Station to Silver Spring. It is really starting to come together and you can track the progress/see maps/get more information on these two websites.

http://www.metbranchtrail.com/?reload

http://dashboard.ddot.dc.gov/ward5/MetropolitanBikeTrail/default.aspx

I was excited to see new asphalt and most of the lights installed as I walked past the Rhode Island Ave metro station. It also looked like they have started to add some fencing to that area. I believe I got more than halfway to the NY Ave metro station when I encountered a crew working on the trail. They stated they were working on the retaining wall and would not be finished for four months (which is different from the predictions on the website). There went dreams of spring bike riding and runs, but I am happy to see there is progress.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited by this trail finishing! I've taken the metro up to Silver Spring to use the Capital Crescent Trail (which is a pain since that's not finished from the metro either), but it would be great to be able to do some runs/bikes without having to be on the streets. It's hard to keep track of all the turns when you're trying to hit a certain mileage. :)

    ReplyDelete