Introduction

All about the Edgewood Neighborhood of Washington, DC

Questions/Comments/Story Ideas - email me at lifeontheedgewood@gmail.com





Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy Weekend in Edgewood!


This past weekend was a busy one for Edgewood and I am sorry about not updating beforehand and hope everyone made it out to some of the activities - many of them will be repeated. I was on holiday for almost three weeks and since then have been catching up with work, community and social obligations. I am back now and promise to keep up with the blog better!!

This past Saturday was the Edgewood Monthly Neighborhood Cleanup and it was expanded to plant flowers and a community garden at the Edgewood Rec Center. There were many volunteers, young and old, throughout the course of the day and I had a great time working with everyone! The above picture is just some of the group that was there.

Also on Saturday was the Meet the Met celebration for the Metropolitan Branch trail and while I was only there early in the morning I was very impressed. There were booths from many of the community organizations and corporate sponsors, they planted a community garden along the trail, there were bikes to rent and prizes being given away, music, and a community arts and crafts sale that I believe will be going on every Saturday in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment