Introduction

All about the Edgewood Neighborhood of Washington, DC

Questions/Comments/Story Ideas - email me at lifeontheedgewood@gmail.com





Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ANC 5C08 J. Jioni Palmer Resigns

J. Jioni Palmer was recently appointed the director of communications and public affairs for the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and had to resign his position as one of the ANC representatives for Edgewood. I am happy for him and his appointment, but sad to lose a great neighborhood leader! I hope that someone is ready to step up to represent Edgewood! I will post an update when information on the special election to fill this position is posted.

Here is his resignation letter:

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Togo D. West, Jr, Chairman
Board of Elections and Ethics
Government of the District of Columbia
One Judiciary Square
441 4th Street NW, Suite 250 North
Washington, DC 20001

Chairman West:

I have recently accepted a presidential appointment with the Obama Administration, which requires me to resign from my position as Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner, effective upon receipt of this letter.

It was a humbling honor to be elected by my neighbors to serve as Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner, and it has been a pleasure to serve my community, albeit briefly. Although circumstances require I vacate my post, in no way does this diminish my commitment to the issues I championed during the course of my campaign.

As I return to the role of private citizen, I look forward to continuing to work with my neighbors and former colleagues to make Edgewood an even stronger community.

Sincerely,
J. Jioni Palmer
Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner 5C08

Cc:
Mayor Vincent C. Gray
Ward Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr.
Commissioner Ronnie Edwards, Chair ANC 5C

No comments:

Post a Comment