Please see the email below about a group gathering information to host a Farmer's Market in Edgewood in the old Safeway shopping center parking lot. I think it is a great idea and it would be great if it was expanded to include the Arts Market that we had in June as a weekly event. Perhaps it could be on Saturdays, so people can go to this one or the Bloomingdale one on Sunday or both!
Please email her your answers to the questions so they have as much community input as possible.
Dear Community Member,
Premier CDC, (PCDC), is investigating the feasibility of opening a Farmer's Market at Rhode Island Ave Shopping Center in the lot where the Safeway used to be located. We would like your feedback, participation and suggestions. Can you kindly complete this short survey and return it to us as soon as possible.
1. Would you like to see a fresh produce Farmer's Market at the Rhode Island Ave Shopping Center parking lot where the former Safeway was located?
2. What types of produce fruits, and vegetables do you think your community would like to buy?
3. Would you be willing to participate on an Edgewood/Woodridge Farmer's Market Steering committee?
4. Can you recommend any young adults from your community that we can train to set up and operating the Farmer's Market?
5. Do you have any other comments or suggestions?
Premier Community Development Corporation (PCDC)
Improving Housing, Economic Development, and Quality of Life
1309 Rhode Island Ave.
NE Suite B, Washington, D.C. 20018